US: There is no Evidence Syrian Government Carried Out Attacks
2013-09-09 0:00

By Tony Cartalucci | Activist Post



US White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough made the unbelievable admission this week that Western interests have concluded Syria carried out an alleged chemical attack in eastern Damascus based on "common sense" rather than "irrefutable evidence." Slate’s "White House: “Common-Sense Test” And Not “Irrefutable” Evidence Hold Assad Responsible," states [emphasis added]:

White House Chief of Staff Dennis McDonough went on the Sunday talk shows to drum up support for what he called a “targeted, limited effort” that will change “the momentum on the battle field” in Syria. Yet he also acknowledged on CNN that the evidence that ties Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to the Aug. 21 attack outside Damascus that allegedly killed 1,429 people has more to do with a “common-sense test” rather than “irrefutable, beyond-a-reasonable-doubt evidence.”

And while McDonough, and his collaborators both in Washington and abroad, claim their planned assault on Syria is not a repeat of Iraq in terms of scale, it is clear that in terms of deception it is.

Slate would continue by stating [emphasis added]:

Now do we have a picture or do we have irrefutable beyond-a-reasonable-doubt evidence? This is not a court of law and intelligence does not work that way.” Meanwhile, McDonough also emphasized on NBC that “nobody is rebutting the intelligence; nobody doubts the intelligence.”

The answer highlights how the White House still has not shown the public a concrete piece of intelligence that directly connect Assad’s regime to the alleged chemical weapons attack, as the Associated Press points out in a detailed story.

The AP story Slate referred to is titled, "DOUBTS LINGER OVER SYRIA GAS ATTACK RESPONSIBILITY," and states:
The U.S. government insists it has the intelligence to prove it, but the public has yet to see a single piece of concrete evidence produced by U.S. intelligence - no satellite imagery, no transcripts of Syrian military communications - connecting the government of President Bashar Assad to the alleged chemical weapons attack last month that killed hundreds of people.


[...]

Read the full article at: activistpost.com







Assad did not order Syria chemical weapons attack, says German press
Simon Tisdall and Josie Le Blond in Berlin | The Guardian

Bild am Sonntag cites high-level German surveillance source suggesting Syrian president was not personally behind attacks.

President Bashar al-Assad did not personally order last month’s chemical weapons attack near Damascus that has triggered calls for US military intervention, and blocked numerous requests from his military commanders to use chemical weapons against regime opponents in recent months, a German newspaper has reported , citing unidentified, high-level national security sources.

The intelligence findings were based on phone calls intercepted by a German surveillance ship operated by the BND, the German intelligence service, and deployed off the Syrian coast, Bild am Sonntag said. The intercepted communications suggested Assad, who is accused of war crimes by the west, including foreign secretary William Hague, was not himself involved in last month’s attack or in other instances when government forces have allegedly used chemical weapons.

Assad sought to exonerate himself from the August attack in which hundreds died. "There has been no evidence that I used chemical weapons against my own people," he said in an interview with CBS.

But the intercepts tended to add weight to the claims of the Obama administration and Britain and France that elements of the Assad regime, and not renegade rebel groups, were responsible for the attack in the suburb of Ghouta, Bild said.

President Barack Obama is urging the US Congress to approve military action to deter the Syrian regime from using chemical weapons and degrade its ability to pursue the two-and-a-half-year civil war against rebel forces.

But Obama is facing stiff resistance from Democrats and Republicans in the House of Representatives, who fear involvement in another Middle East war, and from Assad’s main ally, Russian president Vladimir Putin, who has said any military strikes conducted without prior UN approval would be illegal.

[...]

Read the full article at: theguardian.com




Related Articles
Obama postpones World War III till next week
Chemical attacks in Syria. Where’s the proof Assad was responsible?
Top Chemical Weapons Expert Highly Skeptical of U.S. Case Against Syrian Govt
Syrian "Debate" Lie
Syria’s ’chemical weapons’ turn out to be sodium fluoride - as used in the U.S. water supply!
Syrian Rebel Confession vs. US Intelligence: Who Do You Believe?
Denis McDonough Admits The Obvious – There Is No Coalition Force To Fight Syria, The U.S. is All Alone….


Latest News from our Front Page

An Occupied Country
2016-02-06 5:42
When people refer to occupation governments or occupied countries, the first thought is often of military occupation—the garrisoning of foreign troops in one’s cities and civil administration by their military executives. The other vision is the trope of a cabal of Haredim sitting in a darkly-lit boardroom with a map of the world on the wall, a dated reading of ...
Immortal Symbols 1941
2016-02-06 2:07
Youtube description: Dutch film "Eeuwig Leevende Tekens" by Hamer - "Volksche Werkgemeenschap" (Folkish Study Group) - ancestral heritage, solar wheel, sun cross, tree of life, etc. Subs by Otharus - http://fryskednis.blogspot.com Source: youtube.com
Ex-German media boss admits on live radio the national news agenda is govt controlled
2016-02-06 1:32
f you really want a lesson in how the Western popular press works, this is it. Without question, Germany is the leading power in Europe. ZDF is its state broadcaster and most popular channel. Together with sister network ARD; German's are obliged to pay €17.98 per month to fund it. This week, during a radio event in Berlin, the retired head of ZDF ...
British teenager is gang raped by 'Moroccan' men after being dragged into a car in Spain
2016-02-06 1:09
A British teenager claims to have been gang-raped in a Spanish resort after being dragged into a car by a group of Moroccan men, it was reported today. The 18-year-old claimed she was attacked while walking home from work late at night in Sabinillas, near Marbella. Police are said to be investigating a group of Moroccan men in the area. A British teenager ...
8 Ways Racially Diverse Schools Hurt White Kids
2016-02-06 1:02
Description from YouTube: I argue against Mother Jones Propaganda Link to the original Mother Jones Article: 3 Ways White Kids Benefit Most From Racially Diverse Schools Links to all the articles and other citations mentioned in my video can be found here: docdro.id/6CpKvgA Source: youtube.com
More News »