Olympics opening ceremony shortened
By Elizabeth Leafloor | RedIceCreations.com
The controversial Ł27 million Olympic opening ceremony show has been cut short, sources say.
Reports suggest the opening production, which takes a "traditional view of the British countryside, featuring horses, cows and sheep", has been shortened to ensure the event finishes on time, and allows the some 62,000 spectators to get home by public transport without chaos.
With the ongoing G4S scandal, there have been some doubts raised over whether the opening ceremony has been curtailed due to security fears.
...a London 2012 source said the cuts had been ordered because more time was now needed to get the crowd in and out of the stadium. Dancers and musicians appearing in the show have been subject to queues of up to an hour, with one performer saying getting to and from rehearsals was "worse than waiting at US immigration on a bad day". However, a 2012 spokeswoman claimed they were simply "trimming segments" to ensure the show runs smoothly.
[Red Ice Radio: Ben Fellows - G4S Olympic Security Fiasco]
LOCOG (London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games) however, has denied that the adjustment was related to the G4S security debacle.
"We need to make sure the show comes in on time to make sure spectators can get home on public transport, so we have taken the tough decision to cut a small stunt bike sequence of the show.
"We will be paying contracts in full and giving full credit in the programme. The show is set to finish between 12am and 12.30am."
Assuredly artistic director Danny Boyle will wish for no further disruptions to the ceremonies - ones that set the stage for the tone of the Olympic Games, and showcase what London brings to the world: sheep and rain.
By Elizabeth Leafloor, RedIceCreations.com
Danny Boyle insists Olympic sheep will avoid the abattoir
Radiation and Rockets, Why I am Boycotting the London 2012 Olympics
Nick Buckles tells MPs G4S will claim its multi-million management fee despite Olympics ’shambles’
Why is UK Preparing for War, Instead of the Olympics?
Border staff ’let in terror suspects’ ahead of Olympics
Muse’s "Survival" Chosen as Official Song of 2012 Olympics
Mayor of London Calls Upon Sun God Ra - For Change In Olympics Weather Forecast
Israeli President Shimon Peres cancels London 2012 Olympics opening ceremony visit
Latest News from our Front Page
The Josh Duggar Incident Reveals The Tactics And Hypocrisy of SJWs
Last week, In Touch Weekly broke the news that Josh Duggar, eldest son of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar from TLCâ€™s 19 Kids and Counting, had molested five under-aged girls in 2002 and 2003. Josh, who was 14 at the time, was accused of fondling his victims, touching their breasts and genitals while they slept.
A police report was released shortly ...
15 More Men of South Asian Descent Charged With Child Sex Offences
Police in Keighley, West Yorkshire have charged 14 men and a 16-year-old boy with sex offences including the rape of a girl under the age of 16. The offences relate primarily to one female victim, with one allegation involving a second who was also under 16 at the time.
The offences are alleged to have occurred between 2011 and 2012. In ...
Anti-Semitic fliers left on Chevy Chase driveways
Five streets in Chevy Chase, Md., were papered with anti-Semitic fliers on Wednesday morning.
Montgomery County police are looking for the person or people who left the hate-filled leaflets on almost every driveway on the streets.
â€śThis is very disturbing. My community is definitely disturbed,â€ť said Jean Sperling, the village manager of Martinâ€™s Additions, the community where the fliers were found. Sperling ...
German court says ex-SS officer unfit for trial
Prosecutors in the northern German city of Hamburg have dropped their probe into a 93-year-old former Nazi SS officer. Gerhard Sommer, who suffers from dementia, allegedly took part in a World War II massacre in Italy.
Gerhard Sommer, a former company commander of a mechanized infantry division, had been accused of participating in the mass murder of 560 civilians by Nazi ...
The Age of Disinformation
I have been a professional meteorologist for 36 years. Since my debut on television in 1979, I have been an eyewitness to the many changes in technology, society, and how we communicate. I am one who embraces change, and celebrates the higher quality of life we enjoy now thanks to this progress.
But, at the same time, I realize the instant ...
|More News » |