Victim identified in Queen’s estate murder mystery
2012 01 09

From: HeraldSun.com.au

British police investigating the murder of a young woman, whose body was discovered on the Queen’s Sandringham Estate last week, formally identified the victim as 17-year-old Alisa Dmitrijeva [left].

The Latvian teenager’s body, which may have lain undiscovered for months, was found last Sunday by a dog walker in the tiny village of Anmer, near to the royal residence in the east of England.

Norfolk Constabulary said that Dmitrijeva was reported missing from her home in the town Wisbech, Cambridgeshire, about 40 km away from Sandringham, in August.

Initial DNA samples from the body proved inconclusive but detectives said they managed to make the identification by comparing detail from her palm with records held, which were then further verified by DNA from her femur.


A forensic scientist at the scene where the remains were found on New Year’s Day. Photo: Getty Images

Norfolk Police’s Detective Chief Inspector Jes Fry said, "I shall now be liaising with officers from Cambridgeshire who have been working on trying to locate Alisa in recent months as a missing person. The information they provide will give me and the team an extra focus to the inquiry."

The area where Ms Dmitrijeva’s body was found is often used for pheasant and partridge hunts, regularly attended by members of the royal family, according to Sky News.

One such hunt took place December 28, police said.

"We would like to identify people who may have worked in that area or were involved in organising or running any specific events that may have taken place," Fry said. "We are still trying to establish any activity which took place on or around the site during the time frame of the end of August to the end of September 2011."

In a statement, Ms Dmitrijeva’s family said, "We are devastated by the news of Alisa’s death. We wish to grieve in private."

Various members of the royal family spent Christmas and New Year at Sandringham, with the Queen and her husband, Prince Philip, reportedly still in residence at the time of the grim discovery.

Article from: heraldsun.com.au




Related Articles
Police find body at Liege attacker’s home
Dolphins kept vigil on Irishman’s body
British royalty dined on human flesh (but don’t worry it was 300 years ago)
Royal Family granted new right of secrecy
The Risks and Rewards of Royal Incest
Car attack on Dutch royal parade (Video)
Queen cautions royal family to avoid displays of extravagance during financial meltdown
Ripper magic - No Masonic or Royal Connection to the Ripper Murders?
Buckingham Palace butler ’ran paedophile sex ring while working for the Royal Family’


Latest News from our Front Page

People are merging with machines
2014 10 20
Ian Burkhart concentrated hard. A thick cable protruded from the crown of his shaven head. A sleeve sprouting wires enveloped his right arm. The 23 - year-old had been paralysed from the neck down since a diving accident four years ago. But, in June this year, in a crowded room in the Wexner Medical Centre at Ohio State University, Burkhart’s ...
Illegal Aliens Cleared For U.S. Military Service
2014 10 18
The Pentagon announced a new policy allowing illegal immigrants the opportunity to enlist in the armed forces, Thursday. USA Today reports that the new recruitment policies will focus on people with "high-demand skills" like foreign language acumen and health care training: "For the first time, the program — known as Military Accessions in the National Interest, or MAVNI — will ...
Bronze Age Sundial-Moondial Discovered in Russia
2014 10 16
A strange slab of rock discovered in Russia more than 20 years ago appears to be a combination sundial and moondial from the Bronze Age, a new study finds. The slab is marked with round divots arranged in a circle, and an astronomical analysis suggests that these markings coincide with heavenly events, including sunrises and moonrises. The sundial might be "evidence of ...
Humans may only survive 68 days on Mars
2014 10 15
Space enthusiasts planning a move to Mars may have to wait to relocate: conditions on the Red Planet are such that humans would likely begin dying within 68 days, a new study says. Oxygen levels would start to deplete after about two months and scientists said new technologies are required before humans can permanently settle on Mars, according to the study ...
Tom Sunic’s letter to the US Ambassador to Hungary
2014 10 14
October 11, 2014 Mr. André Goodfriend Chargé d’Affaires Embassy of the United States of America Szabadság tér 12 H-1054 Budapest Dear Mr. Goodfriend, As an American citizen I would hereby like to express my concern over the recent decision by the Hungarian government to ban the National Policy Institute (NPI) conference which had been scheduled to take place in Budapest from October 3 to October 5, 2014. ...
More News »