Security cameras captured images of Norway killer
2011-09-21 0:00

From: msnbc.msn.com



Security cameras captured images of the Norwegian far right extremist accused of killing 77 people minutes before he detonated a car bomb outside the prime minister’s office two months ago, police said Thursday.
A still photograph from the images published online by Norwegian Internet news service ABC Nyheter was authentic and came from surveillance cameras at government headquarters, Oslo police spokesman Roar Hansen said.

The image shows Anders Behring Breivik in police uniform with a riot helmet and armed with a pistol. On July 22, Breivik exploded a car bomb that killed eight people in Oslo’s government district and then drove to the island of Utoya where he went on a shooting spree, killing 69 at a Labor Party youth camp.

It was unclear how the image was acquired by ABC Nyheter. The Internet news service declined to provide information.

"The picture was taken by a monitoring camera in the government building," Hansen told the AP. "It was enclosed in a confidential police report which had been given to lawyers assisting survivors and relatives of the victims."

Image not released by police

Hansen said the image had not been released by the police, but declined further comment.

About 500 lawyers are representing the victims and survivors of the July attacks. It was unclear how many of them had access to the police report.

Breivik faces his third session in court Sept. 19 when jurors will decide on the extension of his detention and whether he will still be held in isolation.

Previous sessions have been held behind closed doors. Oslo District Court ordered an open hearing for Monday but an appeals court overruled the decision at the request of the police.

Breivik is being held in isolation — which he has described as "a sadistic torture method" — though he has access to books, movies and a computer that is not connected to the Internet.

Breivik, 32, has admitted to the killings but denies criminal guilt because he believes the massacre was necessary to save Norway and Europe. He said in a 1,500-page manifesto posted online before the attacks that they are an attempt at cultural revolution, aimed at purging Europe of Muslims and punishing politicians that have embraced multiculturalism.

If convicted of terrorism charges, Breivik would face up to 21 years in prison. An alternative custody arrangement, if he was still considered a danger to the general public, could keep him behind bars indefinitely.
The actual trial isn’t expected to start until next year.

Source: msnbc.msn.com



Related Articles


Latest News from our Front Page

British scientists granted permission to genetically modify human embryos
2016-02-12 23:48
The Francis Crick institute will genetically edit the leftover embryos from from IVF clinics British scientists have been granted permission to genetically modify human embryos by the fertility regulator. The scientists want to deactivate genes in leftover embryos from IVF clinics to see if it hinders development. It will only be the second time in the world that such a procedure has ...
Conspiracy Guy - Flat Earth
2016-02-12 22:37
The Conspiracy Guy takes on some ballers. Source: Joy Camp
Nonwhite Invasion Crashes Swedish IQ
2016-02-12 22:13
More than one-third of all school pupils in Sweden are unable to complete the most basic of academic standards or pass any exams, a new report has revealed—the direct result of the mass nonwhite invasion of that country and the subsequent flooding of its school system by hordes of low IQ Third Worlders. According to a report in the educationist’s Lärarnas ...
German left-wing politician gang-raped by immigrants is "unbelievably sorry" for being raped and for "racist society"
2016-02-12 22:34
A 24-year-old woman, and speaker for the German “Left Youth” party was gang-raped by 3 immigrants on January the 27th, in the city of Mannheim. German police are still carrying out their investigation, but on January the 30th, the woman, wrote an apology on Facebook, addressed to the immigrants who allegedly raped her. Here’s a few excerpts from the now-deleted post: “Dear ...
Russia warns of 'new world war' starting in Syria
2016-02-12 20:14
Foreign and defence ministers of the leading international states are meeting in Munich and Brussels following the collapse of the latest round of peace talks Foreign and defence ministers of the leading international states backing different factions in the war-torn country met in separate meetings in Munich and Brussels following the collapse of the latest round of peace talks. Both Russia and ...
More News »