Breivik called the police from Utøya
Geir Lippestad confirms, the defense attorney of Breivik.
Lippestad is unsure if a court case could be completed with Breivik.
- Lippestad, from the experiences of the prison meeting, interrogation,
and your own meetings with him, have you reflected over the possibility of proceeding
with a court case with him, in his current state?
- It’s too early to say. I’ve obviously reflected over this.
The considerations of the court will be important.
- Are there any changes in Breiviks behavior after your first meeting with him?
Called the police
- Several media reported that Breivik himself called to the police from Utøya; that he presented himself as a brigadier and told them that the "mission was accomplished."
Are you aware of this?
- He explained that he called the police, but I’m not aware of this.
- Did he define the time of the first shots?
- Has he explained where he spent the night, from 21. to 22. July?
- Has he explained that he hanged containers with gasoline in trees at Utøya?
- This hasn’t been a topic in the interrogations.
Not too lenient
- Brevik is putting forth some demands, he wants to set some premises,
like which persons will study him. Many people would feel that he’s been treated perhaps too kindly during the first interrogations. Could you see that this goes against peoples feeling of justice, considering the actions taken by Breivik?
- Too my knowledge he’s putting forth two types of demands. A list of demands 2, which has been partly granted, like decent clothes, snus [TN: tobacco put under your lip.], and that kind of stuff. In this regard he’s not treated much different that most others. As for demands list 1 it’s so separated from reality that noone can grant it. I don’t know if you can say he’s been treated too leniently. It’s common to start interrogations in a way where the suspect can explain himself as freely as possible, then he is confronted more concretely later, Lippestad says.
He also says that in-between the interrogations, he goes through a lot of documentation.
- There is a major amount of investigation. I have to read up on everything, know the case as well as I can.
- You get access to every document you ask for?
- So far the dialog with the police force has been good.
An additional defense attorney
He will now share the defense attorney job with a colleague from his law-office. However, only Lippestad will be appearing in front of the media.
- Are there any news of people Breivik wants contact with?
200 witnesses queried
Police-lawyer Pål-Fredrik Hjort Kraby informs that around 200 witnesses were interrogated, and many more are left.
The investigation is now focused mainly on witnesses, in addition to figuring out if Breivik had any accomplices, if the information he’s been giving us in the interrogations, and the manifest about other terror groups in Norway and the rest of the world is correct.
Latest News from our Front Page
Kanye West says in his VMA 2015 speech that he's running for president in 2020
'And yes, as you probably could have guessed by this moment, I have decided in 2020 to run for president.'
Kanye West received the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at tonight's MTV Video Music Awards, and he closed his acceptance speech by announcing he's running for president in 2020. Yes, really!
The segment started with a bang when West was handed his ...
White students in Australia rejecting "multicultural" agenda, this is a problem apparently
According to Dr Christina Ho from Sydney’s University of Technology, White Students have not obeyed the command to become “multicultural”.
White Students have very rarely mixed with non-White groups, and Dr Ho thinks that this is a problem which must be solved.
“Schools are becoming more segregated in terms of both class and ethnicity,” she told the Sydney Morning Herald. “More and more ...
Sweden: The De-balling of the Vikings
For some reason, the deliberately-injected moral and mental cancer known as 'liberalism', aka 'progressivism' has always seemed to metastasize faster in the Nordic countries, particularly Scandinavian ones. This phenomenon is also observable among the American descendants of Scandinavian immigrants in places like Minnesota and Wisconsin.
The hypothesis of this reporter is that the innate, perhaps even genetic, altruism and human ...
New Monsanto Spray Kills Bugs by Messing With Their Genes
In a fascinating long piece in MIT Technology Review, Antonio Regalado examines the genetically modified seed industry's latest blockbuster app in development—one that has nothing to do with seeds. Instead, it involves the industry's other bread-and-butter product: pesticide sprays. But we're not talking about the poisonous chemicals you convinced your dad to stop dousing the lawn with. The novel sprays ...
Obama to speak with Jewish groups on Iran deal
President Barack Obama is using a Friday webcast to try to allay concerns from Jewish communities about the nuclear agreement with Iran.
Obama will deliver remarks about the agreement and take questions from participants. The webcast is being organized by two major Jewish organizations that have held similar events with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz.
The Israeli ...
|More News » |