Breivik called the police from Utøya
2011 08 02
Geir Lippestad confirms, the defense attorney of Breivik.
Lippestad is unsure if a court case could be completed with Breivik.
- Lippestad, from the experiences of the prison meeting, interrogation,
and your own meetings with him, have you reflected over the possibility of proceeding
with a court case with him, in his current state?
- It’s too early to say. I’ve obviously reflected over this.
The considerations of the court will be important.
- Are there any changes in Breiviks behavior after your first meeting with him?
Called the police
- Several media reported that Breivik himself called to the police from Utøya; that he presented himself as a brigadier and told them that the "mission was accomplished."
Are you aware of this?
- He explained that he called the police, but I’m not aware of this.
- Did he define the time of the first shots?
- Has he explained where he spent the night, from 21. to 22. July?
- Has he explained that he hanged containers with gasoline in trees at Utøya?
- This hasn’t been a topic in the interrogations.
Not too lenient
- Brevik is putting forth some demands, he wants to set some premises,
like which persons will study him. Many people would feel that he’s been treated perhaps too kindly during the first interrogations. Could you see that this goes against peoples feeling of justice, considering the actions taken by Breivik?
- Too my knowledge he’s putting forth two types of demands. A list of demands 2, which has been partly granted, like decent clothes, snus [TN: tobacco put under your lip.], and that kind of stuff. In this regard he’s not treated much different that most others. As for demands list 1 it’s so separated from reality that noone can grant it. I don’t know if you can say he’s been treated too leniently. It’s common to start interrogations in a way where the suspect can explain himself as freely as possible, then he is confronted more concretely later, Lippestad says.
He also says that in-between the interrogations, he goes through a lot of documentation.
- There is a major amount of investigation. I have to read up on everything, know the case as well as I can.
- You get access to every document you ask for?
- So far the dialog with the police force has been good.
An additional defense attorney
He will now share the defense attorney job with a colleague from his law-office. However, only Lippestad will be appearing in front of the media.
- Are there any news of people Breivik wants contact with?
200 witnesses queried
Police-lawyer Pål-Fredrik Hjort Kraby informs that around 200 witnesses were interrogated, and many more are left.
The investigation is now focused mainly on witnesses, in addition to figuring out if Breivik had any accomplices, if the information he’s been giving us in the interrogations, and the manifest about other terror groups in Norway and the rest of the world is correct.
Latest News from our Front Page
Pentagon launching missile defense blimps to patrol East Coast
The US Army is set to begin testing its blimp-like surveillance airships, designed to help the military detect and destroy cruise missiles from attacking the nation’s capital and other East Coast cities.
The blimps at the center of the tests in Maryland are unmanned, 80-yard long, helium-filled aircraft that can float up to 10,000 feet in the air. At that height ...
Sony Just Canned 'The Interview' in the Wake of Terrorist Threat
Sony has cancelled the cinematic release of The Interview in the wake of its cyberattack after the five largest cinema chains in the country decided not to run the film.
"Sony Pictures has been the victim of an unprecedented criminal assault against our employees, our customers, and our business," Sony wrote in its first statement on the matter, as reported ...
Sweden is so deranged, there are no words to describe it – Danish politician
Politically correct Sweden is such a deranged society that there is no term in social science sufficient enough to describe it – argues Pia Kjærsgaard the Danish People’s Party former leader
In this article in Den Korte Avis, Kjærsgaard marvels at the fact that the politically correct are so desperate that they have graduated from using worn-out epiteths such as neo-fascists, ...
U.N. sending thousands of Muslims to America
The federal government is preparing for another “surge” in refugees and this time they won’t be coming illegally from Central America.
The U.S. State Department announced this week that the first major contingent of Syrian refugees, 9,000 of them, have been hand-selected by the United Nations for resettlement into communities across the United States.
The announcement came Tuesday on the State Department’s ...
Why You Should Watch Beheading Videos
Modernity is a dream. It is a dream that we can make the world something other than what it is through technology, prosperity, and above all “education.”
People will able to pick their own “gender.” Different cultures, races, and religions can blend into one seamless, corporate-friendly whole. And violence and death, it is implied, will be wished out of existence.
Today, a ...
|More News » |