|We are looking for Europeans of different nationalities that can speak about the refugee invasion in your country and how this REALLY is affecting you. Are you in Hungary, Greece, Germany, France, Italy, Austria or another country being heavily invaded? Please reach out: email@example.com or @rediceradio We want to speak with you!|
One Night Before the Attacks in Norway: Earthquake in Hedmark county - the New Home of Anders Breivik
By Henrik Palmgren | redicecreations.com
It’s a strange but interesting "coincident" that on July 21st, the night before the attacks in Oslo and Utoya, there was a 3.78 magnitude earthquake reported in the Hedmark area.
This also happens to be the location where Anders Behring Breivik moved in late June or early July 2011.
Breivik located to the small rural town of Rena in Åmot, Hedmark county, about 140 km (86 miles) northeast of Oslo.
This tidbit was brought to our attention by Richard C. Heaogland who will be with us on Red Ice Radio to discuss this further and other details further.
Below is the report on the earthquake.
Earthquake in Hedmark
From: vg.no - translate.google.com
Police and Norsar was nedringt of hundreds of frightened people in eastern who noticed the powerful quakes in the night.
The phone has rung incessantly in the night by people who have noticed the earthquake in Østfold and Hedmark area. It is a fairly strong earthquake to be in Norway, but not very unusual, said seismologist Tormod mill in earthquake observatory NORSAR to VG Nett.
The earthquake last night had a magnitude of 3.78 on the Richter scale. The epicenter was about 13 kilometers west-northwest of Elverum.
The house shook
Stian Skjerpen (20) from Gjøvik awakened by the quake at 03-hours.
- I woke up that shook the house. It lasted about 4-5 seconds, says Stian Skjerpen to VG Nett.
Also in Lillehammer, they noticed the powerful quake.
- I was lying in bed when I suddenly noticed that it broke the wood in the house. There were two tremors in a row, says Svein Stone Farm (61) to VG Nett.
VG Nett Ola Stenberg woke up that shook the house at 03 o’clock last night in Hamar.
- The bed suddenly bumped into the wall. I sat there and wondered what the heck it was like shaking. My son at two years, usually a good sleeper, but he felt earthquakes. He looked at me with big eyes and said: Daddy? describes Stenberg.
He says that there was an intense shaking over a few seconds.
- The earthquake was so powerful that I was worried about what damage it could cause. I fell asleep still pretty fast, but we were pretty desperate this morning to find out what it was, he says.
Can be aftershocks
After a quake as quake on Wednesday night you can experience several aftershocks. In 1994, it measured the earthquake at Eidsvold 4 on the Richter scale. A few days later, the same area shaken by NOK a quake, measured at nearly 3 on the same scale.
- There may be more aftershocks in the area in Hedmark, says Tormod mill.
But there is no danger, we believe seismologist. Experiences an earthquake in Norway, only to let it pass.
Stresses in the crust
- The liquid thermal mass inside the earth moves, and the rigid crust on the outside are excited, says seismologist Tormod mill to VG Nett.
When the tension becomes so great that the crust can not withstand the pressure, it breaks in the crust, and earthquakes erupt. At NORSAR, all earthquakes recorded by seismometer.
Although Norway is securely placed on a plate, and not on a plate boundary, we get still smaller earthquakes.
Other type of earthquakes in Norway
The earthquake that shook Norway is just child’s play compared to the earthquake that claimed thousands of lives in Japan earlier this year and triggered the tsunami that washed away entire villages and claimed even thousands of lives.
- The areas located near the plate boundaries, such as Japan and Sumatra in Indonesia is significantly larger quakes than the night at Eastern, says seismologist.
Night tremors, which were measured at 3.7 on the Richter scale, is a different type of earthquakes than large earthquakes the world has seen recently.
- Less stress can occur in areas that are not in tension between the earth plates, says the mill.
Pass on structures
- For men it is not dangerous. If you have any construction that can withstand a little movement can be dangerous, but in the area where there was trembling in the night live quite small people, he said.
Earthquake felt in that the ground shakes, and that the area you are in the quake. There are nearly as dramatic as the pictures from Japan where houses and buildings shaking and then collapse.
- Are you in a house you can hear the sounds, the ones that are quite close to the center of the quake can hear the bang, telling mill.
No one was injured
NORSAR was early Thursday morning, little information about the earthquake and promised to come back with details throughout the day.
- We have not received reports of injuries or homes, but there are many who have called and been appalled by what they saw, says operations manager Trond Ola Berg Hedmark police told AP.
Police received messages from people in Hamar, Løten, Elverum, Rena and Våler. It was Thursday morning, no reports of damage to property or persons.
Latest News from our Front Page
Obama Arms ISIS-Linked Militants, Pushes Gun Control On Very Same Day
President Obama authorized a shipment of guns to the Syrian opposition, a.k.a. ISIS-linked militants, on the exact same day he demanded more gun control in response to the Oregon shooting.
Even more shocking, Obama did the very same thing after the 2013 D.C. Navy Yard shooting.
The president approved the re-arming of the Syrian opposition, which predominantly consists of ISIS and its ...
Thousands of PEGIDA supporters Rally against Migrant Invasion in Dresden, Germany
Youtube description: Thousands of PEGIDA supporters took the streets of Dresden, Monday, to protest against the German government's policy on refugees and asylum seekers and the influx of refugees arriving in the country.
'No Borders' Activist Gang Raped by Migrants, Pressured into Silence to not 'Damage Causeâ€™
Colleagues are alleged to have said that reporting the crime would set back their struggle for a borderless world.
The ‘No Borders’ activist had dedicated a month of her life to helping migrants. Her group was stationed between Italy and France in Ponte San Ludovico in Ventimiglia when the atrocity occurred, according to reports from local papers La Stampa and Il Secolo XIX, ...
Muslims Declare Jihad on Dogs in Europe
A Dutch Muslim politician has called for a ban on dogs in The Hague, the third-largest city in the Netherlands.
Islamic legal tradition holds that dogs are "unclean" animals, and some say the call to ban them in Holland and elsewhere represents an attempted encroachment of Islamic Sharia law in Europe.
This latest canine controversy -- which the Dutch public has greeted ...
Islamic State 'blows up Palmyra arch'
Palmyra's Arch of Triumph was built by the Romans in the second Century AD
Islamic State militants in northern Syria have blown up another monument in the ancient city of Palmyra, officials and local sources say.
The Arch of Triumph was "pulverised" by the militants who control the city, a Palmyra activist told AFP news agency.
It is thought to have been ...
|More News » |