Magaluf bar where British girl was filmed performing sex acts on 24 men is shut down after police investigation into video
Is this what the youth in Britain and Europe is spending their their energy, money, efforts and innocence on?
* Council officials launched an official investigation after the video went viral
The young girl, pictured, was lured into performing multiple sex acts after organisers offered a free drink although she thought a holiday was on offer
Playhouse bar in Magaluf and entertainment firm Carnage have been ordered to pay £43,500
* The bar and Carnage have also been ordered to close for 12 months
* Carnage have said they are planning to appeal the council’s decision
Council officials in Magaluf, Spain have ordered the closure of the bar where a British girl was filmed performing sex acts on 24 men for a cheap cocktail.
Local police say they have identified Playhouse as the bar where the video was taken.
The owners of the bar have been hit with a £43,500 fine they have been told to pay with controversial entertainment firm Carnage.
Both Playhouse and Carnage have also been told they must shut for a year unless they can successfully appeal against the council decision.
The pair, formally notified on Thursday of the fine and closure orders, have been given 15 working days to appeal.
A council spokesman said: ’The town hall has shown it is acting in a scrupulous legal fashion.
’We’ve acted only when a full and conclusive police report was in place.
’We haven’t acted on the spur of the moment based on the sole evidence of a video posted on the Internet.
’I think the message is clear. The town hall won’t tolerate activities of the kind featured in the video under any circumstances.
’We will use all the laws we have available to us to ensure there is no repetition.
’Playhouse and Carnage now have 15 days to defend themselves and I am sure they will do so because a 12-month closure could make anything think about closing up permanently.’
The spokesman added: ’There’s nothing to stop Carnage opening up again under a different name if the council decision prospers.
’But if they chose to do so they’ll have to be aware of what they’re up against.
’A lot of bars and hotels they have been working with might not be so keen to work with them in the future.
’The fine of €55.000 euros is a joint fine they can pay between them but the closure orders affects them both for the full 12 months.’
Manuel Onieva, mayor of the municipality of Calvia which covers Magaluf, ordered a police investigation earlier this month after the video of an 18-year-old British holidaymaker performing multiple sex acts on men inside a bar went viral.
He spoke of his disgust at the video and warned then bars face closure if they were found to have broken the law.
The council said it was fining Playhouse and Carnage and closing them down for 12 months because they had failed to comply with laws which made them responsible for ensuring under-age children had not witnessed the sordid events from inside or outside the bar.
It also said there had been a clear breach of the law because a pornographic show had taken place in an establishment licenced to operate as a music bar.
Council licensing boss Juan Feliu said: ’The law states quite clearly that under-age children cannot participate in or witness pornographic shows.
’Establishments like Playhouse have a responsibility to make sure the law is upheld and we say the bar and Carnage have not adopted all objective measures to guarantee that was the case.
’The sole possibility that there were under-age children present is a more than sufficient reason to sanction according to the law.
’Playhouse has windows for instance and from outside you can see what’s happening inside.
’The police report is very comprehensive and the town hall obviously feels it has enough evidence to name Playhouse as the bar where the video was taken.’
The happy sponsors to this garbage fest:
Local officials have revealed that seven firms have applied for new ’bar crawl’ licences - including Carnage
Seven firms thought to include Carnage have applied for new town hall licences to run the controversial events.
Guides have to wear special jackets identifying them from punters and pub crawl groups are limited to 50 people.
Opposition councillors in Magaluf say the decision to regulate them is sending out the wrong message and insist the answer if the resort is to clean itself up, is to ban them.
Magaluf was branded a lawless party resort after the shocking sex video emerged.
The wonders of debauchery and binge-drinking:
New videos of British holidaymakers having sex in the street have been posted on the Internet since.
Majorca’s top politician Jose Ramon Bauza branded Punta Ballena, the most brash part of Magaluf, as ’500 metres of shame’ earlier this week.
Mayor Manuel Onieva has promised tough action to keep it ’ordered, organised and safe’ but pledged not to turn his back on the area because so many local families depend on it for their livelihood.
Calvia town hall said in a formal statement said: ’Calvia town hall has notified the owner of Playhouse in Martin Ros Garcia Street and those responsible for the firm Carnage Magaluf of a sanction of 12 months closure and a €55,000 fine.
’It notified them on Thursday afternoon after determining, following a full Calvia local police investigation, that it was in the Playhouse bar that multiple sex acts filmed on video and posted on the Internet earlier this month, took place.
’The incidents took place in mid-June according to the police report.
’The town hall also holds Carnage Magaluf responsible, because it was the organiser and promoter of the activity that took place during the pub crawl when the illegal act was committed.’
Carnage director Paul Smith, who refused to apologise over the sex video, said last night he would release a statement early next week.
Asked if he would appeal, he said: ’What do you think? Yes, of course.’
The owner of Playhouse, which is run under a company name, could not be contacted.
Binge drinking: A reflection of our debauched culture
Latest News from our Front Page
Gunman Storms Dutch TV Station Demanding Airtime
Dutch authorities have released few details about the bizarre case of 19-year-old Tarik Zahzah’s attack on the main news studio of television station NOS on Thursday. To get the obvious question out of the way first, the police say there is no evidence that Zahzah, who is half-Egyptian, acted on behalf of organized terrorism.
The authorities always say that on the ...
How Alan Dershowitz bullied rape victims to protect a serial child molester
Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz always felt children were fair game for Israeli missiles. Now the question is whether he thinks they are fair game for the sexual exploits of his powerful associates and himself.
Dershowitz and the UK’s Prince Andrew were accused in a recent court filing of raping a teenage girl who was forced into sexual slavery by ...
This past week, the world's preeminent vultures, the economic power elite, met in Davos to discuss the maintenance of their global fiat hegemony. Highlights included furthering austerity, noting that the serf class can't have air conditioning and cars, as well as cheering on the death of privacy through the rise of technocracy. The degenerate elite, completely out of touch with ...
Men must prove a woman said ’Yes’ under tough new rape rules
New guidance will be issued to all police forces and prosecutors as part of a ’toolkit’ to move rape investigations into the 21st century
Men accused of date rape will need to convince police that a woman consented to sex as part of a major change in the way sex offences are investigated.
The Director of Public Prosecutions said it was ...
4 beheaded in Saudi Arabia less than a week into King Salman's rule
Comment: So when will the the "Human rights" promoting liberal west elite decide invade Saudi Arabia like they did Libya?
Members of Magic Movement stage a mock execution scene in protest of Saudi Arabia beheading of eight Bangladeshi workers in October 2011.
Four people have been executed in Saudi Arabia less than a week after 79-year-old King Salman assumed power following the ...
|More News » |