WTC owner Silverstein’s bid to sue airlines for 9/11 attacks blocked
2013-08-02 0:00

By Larry McShane | DailyNews

The owners of the World Trade Center were blocked Thursday from filing a multibillion-dollar lawsuit against the two airlines whose hijacked planes brought down the twin towers.

The ruling from Manhattan Federal Judge Alvin Hellerstein came after a four-day trial where the doomed skyscrapers’ owners sought to sue for at least $3.5 billion in the 9/11 terrorist attack.


Developer Larry Silverstein and World Trade Center Properties, which alleges the airlines were negligent for allowing the terrorists to board the planes, have already collected nearly $5 billion toward reconstruction.

“If this case were to go forward, the WTC companies would not be able to recover anything against the airlines,” Hellerstein ruled in the non-jury trial.
Real estate developer Larry Silverstein and World Trade Center Properties have already collected nearly $5 billion toward reconstruction.

But they sought additional money from United Airlines Inc., American Airlines Inc. and the latter’s parent company, AMR Corp., alleging their negligence let the terrorists board the flights.

In addition to the twin towers, a third skyscraper — 7 World Trade Center — was destroyed by the attack.

Hellerstein ruled that Silverstein’s multibillion-dollar insurance compensation stopped him from filing a lawsuit against the airlines.

He cited state laws barring “windfalls and double recovery on the same loss.”

[...]

Read the full article at: nydailynews.com



READ: Pull The Other One: Silverstein says calling 9/11 ‘act of war’ is a ‘shameful display of duplicity’











Related Articles


Latest News from our Front Page

Residents of Dresden Wake up to Find Overnight, City Park Has Been Turned Into Migrant Camp For 2,000
2015-07-27 23:34
The German city which dared to stand-up to their government’s policy of accepting Islamisation and mass migration appears to have been punished for dissent by the zero-notice imposition of a migrant camp. Government employees stood by the entrance of a city park in Dresden, Saxony on Thursday night handing out fliers to passers-by informing them the next day the green space, ...
Dead LA man who had 1,200 guns, underwater car identified; believed to be 'part alien' secret government worker
2015-07-27 23:42
The mystery behind a Los Angeles gun fanatic found decomposing in a car last week has deepened as his fiancée's family said he was an alien-hybrid secretly working for the government. The bizarre statement came Wednesday as the betrothed woman's lawyer identified the dead man as Jeffrey Alan Lash — almost one week after he was discovered rotting in his car ...
Britain Under Siege: Hundreds of Illegals Storm Eurotunnel Every Night
2015-07-27 22:45
The volume of illegals trying to gain access to the United Kingdom via the railway tunnel beneath the English Channel is now so great, hundreds storm the French terminal every night. Hoping to stow away on-board lorries or to ‘train surf’ to England, the migrants – of which there are an estimated 5,000 in the town of Calais at any one ...
Detroit's black rape gangs target couples
2015-07-27 22:53
Victims forced into alleys, men made to watch sex assault on female companions In a developing story, a gang of rapists in Detroit is terrorizing citizens in the crime-ridden city. Detroit police are looking for as many as six suspects after two rape and robbery incidents occurred on Thursday night within hours of each other. The same group may be responsible ...
Satanic statue unveiled in Detroit
2015-07-27 21:13
Christians protest after the Satanic Temple unveils bronze Baphomet statue featuring a human body, goat’s head and wings. Several hundred people have attended a Mass at a US Catholic church to protest against an eight and a half-foot (2.6-metre)-tall bronze statue of Satan that hundreds of people also lined up to see. The Satanic Temple had said it would unveil the ...
More News »