|We are looking for Europeans of different nationalities that can speak about the refugee invasion in your country and how this REALLY is affecting you. Are you in Hungary, Greece, Germany, France, Italy, Austria or another country being heavily invaded? Please reach out: email@example.com or @rediceradio We want to speak with you!|
EU working group produces the stupidest set of proposed Internet rules in the entire history of the human race
By Cory Doctorow | BoingBoing.net
An EU working group thatís been charged with coming up with recommendations for a terrorist-free European Internet has been brainstorming the stupidest goddamned ideas youíve ever read, which are now widely visible, thanks to a leaked memo. The group, CleanIT, which is composed of cops, governments, and some NGOs from across Europe, has been given Ä400,000 to make its recommendations, and a document dated August 2012 sets out some of the groupís thinking to date. As mentioned, itís pretty amazingly bad. Like, infra-stupid, containing strains of stupidity so low and awful they canít be perceived with unaided human apparatus. Hereís Ars Technicaís summary of the ideas in the memo:
* "Knowingly providing hyperlinks on websites to terrorist content must be defined by law as illegal just like the terrorist content itself"
* "Governments must disseminate lists of illegal, terrorist websites"
* "The Council Regulation (EC) No 881/2002 of 27 May 2002 (art 1.2) should be explained that providing Internet services is included in providing economics instruments to Al Qaeda (and other terrorist persons and organisations designated by the EU) and therefore an illegal act"
* "On Voice over IP services it must be possible to flag users for terrorist activity."
* "Internet companies must allow only real, common names."
* "Social media companies must allow only real pictures of users."
* "At the European level a browser or operating system based reporting button must be developed."
* "Governments will start drafting legislation that will make offering... a system [to monitor Internet activity] to Internet users obligatory for browser or operating systems...as a condition of selling their products in this country or the European Union."
Ars Technicaís Cyrus Farivar tracked down a CleanIT spokesman on his home planet. But Klaasen is
the Dutch national coordinator for counterterrorism and security programme manager of the office of the Dutch national coordinator for counterterrorism and security*, and he is really upset that we can read this stupid, stupid document full of recommendations that would be illegal in European law. He also canít believe that European Digital Rights, the NGO that published the leaked stupid, stupid document, didnít honor the confidentiality notice on the stupid, stupid cover-page.
* Update Cyrus sez, "Klaasen has corrected his title calling himself now the íprogramme manager of the office of the Dutch national coordinator for counterterrorism and securityí. Hereís his LinkedIn page. Heís referred to as the íproject manager,í which as far as I can tell, makes him in charge of the whole thing."
"I do fully understand that the publishing of the document led to misunderstandings," he told Ars. "If we publish like this, it will scare peopleóthatís the reason that we didnít publish it. Itís food for thought. We do realize these are very rough ideas."
..."You can compare [this situation] to taking pictures of what someone buys for dinner with how a dinner tastesóyou donít have the complete picture," he added.
..."We really didnít expect that people would publish a document that clearly says Ďnot for publicationíóthat really surprised us," he said. "I donít know if itís naive. Why canít I trust people?" [Ed: Oh, diddums]
Article from: boingboing.net
Latest News from our Front Page
Obama Arms ISIS-Linked Militants, Pushes Gun Control On Very Same Day
President Obama authorized a shipment of guns to the Syrian opposition, a.k.a. ISIS-linked militants, on the exact same day he demanded more gun control in response to the Oregon shooting.
Even more shocking, Obama did the very same thing after the 2013 D.C. Navy Yard shooting.
The president approved the re-arming of the Syrian opposition, which predominantly consists of ISIS and its ...
Thousands of PEGIDA supporters Rally against Migrant Invasion in Dresden, Germany
Youtube description: Thousands of PEGIDA supporters took the streets of Dresden, Monday, to protest against the German government's policy on refugees and asylum seekers and the influx of refugees arriving in the country.
'No Borders' Activist Gang Raped by Migrants, Pressured into Silence to not 'Damage Cause‚Äô
Colleagues are alleged to have said that reporting the crime would set back their struggle for a borderless world.
The ‘No Borders’ activist had dedicated a month of her life to helping migrants. Her group was stationed between Italy and France in Ponte San Ludovico in Ventimiglia when the atrocity occurred, according to reports from local papers La Stampa and Il Secolo XIX, ...
Muslims Declare Jihad on Dogs in Europe
A Dutch Muslim politician has called for a ban on dogs in The Hague, the third-largest city in the Netherlands.
Islamic legal tradition holds that dogs are "unclean" animals, and some say the call to ban them in Holland and elsewhere represents an attempted encroachment of Islamic Sharia law in Europe.
This latest canine controversy -- which the Dutch public has greeted ...
Islamic State 'blows up Palmyra arch'
Palmyra's Arch of Triumph was built by the Romans in the second Century AD
Islamic State militants in northern Syria have blown up another monument in the ancient city of Palmyra, officials and local sources say.
The Arch of Triumph was "pulverised" by the militants who control the city, a Palmyra activist told AFP news agency.
It is thought to have been ...
|More News » |