UK prime ministerís close friend found dead in portable toilet at Glastonbury music festival
By Robert Booth and Patrick Wintour | Guardian.co.uk
Toxicology tests are being carried out on the body of Christopher Shale, the 56-year old constituency aide to David Cameron who was found dead at the Glastonbury festival on Sunday morning.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset police said the initial postmortem had proved inconclusive and a toxicology report had been ordered that would take at least 10 days to deliver its conclusions.
Christopher Shaleís body is taken away in a private ambulance. Photograph: Joel Ryan/AP
An inquest into the death was due to be opened and adjourned by the East Somerset coroner at Wells town hall at 2.30pm on Monday. Police said the postmortem did not suggest the death was suspicious.
Shale was the chairman of the West Oxfordshire Conservative association in the prime ministerís Witney constituency and had been at Glastonbury with his wife and children.
He went to the portable toilet in the VIP area where he was staying behind the main stage around lunchtime on Saturday and was found dead at about 9am on Sunday.
Christoper Shale, right, attends a reception with the prime minister to mark Cameronís 10th year as MP for Witney. Photograph: Andrew Parsons/Parsons Media Ltd.
He had been contacted just after 12.30pm on Saturday by a Downing Street official to tell him not to talk to the press about a memo written by him which was highly critical of the Tory party and had been leaked to a Sunday newspaper.
The memo was essentially a strategy document setting out how to recruit members. It said the local party appeared "graceless, voracious, crass, always on the take", and needed to radically change.
Shale spoke to his deputy chairman, Richard Langridge who said he was "cross" about the leak. Langridge was reported saying Shale was "disappointed but it was one of those things". In a further call, Shale discussed the leak with Cameronís Witney constituency agent, Barry Norton.
Police and sources close to the family said they believed Shale died of a massive heart attack and claimed his family had a history of heart problems.
At a press briefing on Monday morning, the prime ministerís spokesman said: "Itís true that there was a phone call to [Shale] on Saturday to make him aware of the fact that a story would be running in a Sunday newspaper."
Asked if Cameron was satisfied there had been no inappropriate behaviour by his officials, the spokesman replied: "Absolutely".
Early reports of the death, including one from the Glastonbury festival organiser, Michael Eavis, suggested that Shale had killed himself. These were dismissed as inaccurate.
"I am told it was a suicide situation this morning, in the early hours of this morning," Eavis told a press conference on Sunday.
Cameron said the death had left him and his wife, Samantha, devastated, and that "a big rock in my life has suddenly been rolled away."
The prime minister had been aware of the memoís existence and there is deep concern inside Downing Street that its contents, known only to a small number of people, had been disclosed.
Party officials had said earlier that there was no suggestion from Shaleís behaviour that he was overly concerned about the leak.
Shaleís contacts with No 10 officials were seen as routine and polite, and he is not believed to have taken up the advice to speak to the party headquarters.
One senior source said the heart attack was "just a dreadful coincidence."
Read the full article at: guardian.co.uk
"His body was found at 8.45am. An area between the Pyramid stage and the Other stage has been cordoned off."
Pentagon aide íwas killed by hitmaní claims distraught widow
David Cameron Embraces Tyranny
David Cameron: My radical plan for Britainís armed forces
David Cameron Promised UFO Full Disclosure If Elected British Prime Minister
Legends of Glastonbury
Sad Fate for the Holy Glastonbury Thorn
Christopher Shale death: toxicology tests to be carried out
Memo shows how Blair aided Murdoch
The Downing Street Memos
Latest News from our Front Page
ABC Is Hiding Details of Killer Vester Flanagan's Manifesto ...(Must Be Littered With Liberal Propaganda)
Killer Vester Flanagan was a big Obama supporter.
But, you’d never know it from the liberal media.
The media is hiding Flanagan’s political leanings from the American public.
ABC has yet to release Flanagan’s manifesto.
It must be littered with embarrassing liberal propaganda.
The Tatler reported, via Instapundit:
Two days ago, ABC News reported that Vester Flanagan, the murderer of two WDBJ employees, sent a 23-page ...
Austria, Libya count dead as number of migrants crossing Mediterranean soars
Austria said on Friday 71 refugees including a baby girl were found dead in an abandoned freezer truck, while Libya recovered the bodies of 82 migrants washed ashore after their overcrowded boat sank on its way to Europe and scores more were feared dead.
The U.N. refugee agency said the number of refugees and migrants crossing the Mediterranean to reach Europe ...
Financial Times Calls For Abolishing Cash
liminating physical currency necessary to give central banks more power
The Financial Times has published an anonymous article which calls for the abolition of cash in order to give central banks and governments more power.
Entitled The case for retiring another ‘barbarous relic’, the article laments the fact that people are stockpiling cash in anticipation of another economic collapse, a factor which ...
Serbian government bans anti-mass immigration protests, and plans ahead for mass immigration
Nebojsa Stefanovic, Serbia’s Interior Minister said protesters who are concerned about “an EU plan” to settle thousands of illegal immigrants into the country, will not be allowed to voice their concerns in a protest march on Monday, 31st of August.
“We will not allow the expression of intolerance and hatred to be something that is characteristic of Serbia” said Stefanovic.
“The Ministry ...
Germany asks Facebook to remove 'racist' anti-migrant posts
Heiko Maas, Germany's justice minister, says social network should remove xenophobic posts in the same way it deals with nudity
Germany is calling on Facebook to remove “xenophobic and racist” anti-migrant posts from its website and apps.
Heiko Maas, the German justice minister, has written to the company to demand an urgent review of its policy over hate messages.
“Photos of certain ...
|More News » |